In this series, I will try to consolidate my own learning by writing articles on:
- The basic12 note scale, and where to find them on the piano and guitar fretboard
- The C major scale – the starting point of my learning and understanding
- Applying the C major scale learning to the remaining notes to derive A major, B major, D major etc
- Defining the C major chord and relating it to the C major scale.
- Applying the major chord definition to the major scales we derived earlier to illustrate how the basic open chords of the guitar reflect the rule
- Constructing minor chords
- Constructing other chords, and the names of them
- More theory, as taught to me by Marty Schwartz
That’s quite ambitious, it may take a while. Encourage me by writing to me, providing feedback, posting comments.